Welcome to my blog - a collection of thoughts and musings on the world of writing, books and all those wordy type things.

Monday 3 March 2014

Falling in Love Again

Apologies for the absence. Any of you that have read the blog before will know that last year I had a publisher let me down on a contracted book right at the last minute and, to be honest, it put me off writing for longer than I expected. I did take a break at the time and then try and get back into it, but I don't think my heart was in it. It was the second time I'd experienced a deal being pulled, despite a contract and I think there was a lot of  'why am I bothering' still lingering around inside me.

However, I pulled out a novel that I've been trying to finish editing for ages and got stuck into it. I really enjoyed the first read through (I hope that doesn't sound too vain!) and now Screen Edit 1 is complete, I'm about to start the first paper edit - having first had to schedule in some serious paper buying!

It's taken a while but I've fallen back in love again with, not only my current novel, but also the act of writing itself. I am, once more, bumbling about with my head in the clouds and talking to people who don't exist. It's brilliant!

5 comments:

  1. I wondered where you'd got to! Being let down is such a dismal thing I'm not surprised you were depressed about the whole thing. Glad to see you're back up and running with the latest masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lizy! Aww, it's lovely to think someone actually noticed my absence - that's made me feel all lovely and fuzzy. Yes, it was disappointing. Hopefully onwards and upwards now, with a bit of luck. Thanks again for the comment, and for holding out for me.

      Delete
  2. So sorry you've had such bad experiences with your novels- let's hope it's 3rd time lucky.

    And glad you're back to doing what you are good at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol! Thanks for your lovely comment. Yes, let's hope for better luck this time! Hope your own work is coming along nicely.

      Delete
    2. Finally making progress, thanks Maxi. :)

      Delete

I love to hear your feedback, thoughts and ideas but please be kind and play nice so that it's enjoyable for everyone. Thank you :)