Welcome to my blog - a collection of thoughts and musings on the world of writing, books and all those wordy type things.

Friday 23 March 2012

Today

Apparently we are due temperatures of over 20 degrees this weekend, which, when you consider it's March, is a little strange. The last few days have been very Spring-y indeed, in fact, almost Summery. I'm currently sitting here with the patio door wide open, the awning is wound out, and the birdies are chirping happily, occasionally interrupted by a far less tuneful group of seagulls. The latter, for the most part though, must be soaking up the sunshine on the beach a few miles down the road as their squawks are far less often today than on stormier days.

And what am I doing? Well, I'm having a bit of a catch up on my reading, thanks to being a little incapacitated following some ankle surgery. My Google Reader was spilling over and I thought it would be a good opportunity to actually get to read some of the blogs I enjoy (and if the broadband behaved, it would be so much quicker!). I'm also reading some of my Writing mags that have built up, and the latest novel I have on the go, PD James; 'Death Comes To Pemberley'.

I've got some writing to do, but with remnants of general anaesthetuc plus the painkillers, my head's not the unfuzziest of places at the moment. Hubby read the synopsis for the GH entry whilst I was under the knife and has a couple of queries, so hopefully we'll get to look at those tonight and I can rectify what I need to and get that sent off this weekend. Assuming the painkillers haven't kicked in and I nod off again....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback, thoughts and ideas but please be kind and play nice so that it's enjoyable for everyone. Thank you :)