Welcome to my blog - a collection of thoughts and musings on the world of writing, books and all those wordy type things.

Friday 27 April 2012

Remaining Undiscovered

For those of you who have been following, the Novelicious Undiscovered competition - a chance to get your female fiction novel noticed - has recently announced the top twenty finalists.


Sadly, my name wasn't among them. I can't say I'm not disappointed. I'd be telling rather a big porky if I did. But I'm trying to focus on the positives. I did make the deadline for the entries, even if it was a bit close, and that, initially was my main goal. Of course, once it was in, the thoughts started to float around of how great it would be to get to the finals. Still, clearly it wasn't to be. I have worked on more of the book since the entry but at the moment, I'm leaning a little bit towards the 'well, it obviously wasn't good enough, so what's the point', but hopefully that will pass. I liked the idea of it, so perhaps it's just a case of giving it some space for the moment before returning to it with a fresh perspective.

I'd love to hear how everyone else got on? Congratulations if you made the finals, and commiserations if you didn't. Either way, do leave me a comment!


2 comments:

  1. Just getting the entry in is something to be pleased about - I bet lots of people thought about it but didn't do it. Now that you've got this far keep working on it and hopefully you'll have better luck with it elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patsy. I really appreciate the support!

      Delete

I love to hear your feedback, thoughts and ideas but please be kind and play nice so that it's enjoyable for everyone. Thank you :)