So, what to do on the days when we are feel less than inspired? There are a few classic tricks that can give both the motivation and inspiration a bit of a kick start.
- Take a complete break from your writing desk/chair and go and do something completely different. Go for a walk, play with the dog (both?), do some gardening, go for a bike ride.
- If you're writing fiction, watch a couple of films in the same genre to get you 'in the mood' and the right mind set.
- Take a snooze. A tired brain is not a productive one
- Read a book. Immersing yourself in the land of the written word can be a good way to get yourself back into being the one doing the writing.
- Just write. It doesn't matter what it is. Write in your journal if you have one, on your blog (again, if you have one), write a letter (remember those?), and I do mean a 'proper' letter of the paper kind that you have to stick a stamp on and post.
Hopefully after some time spent doing one or more of the above activiites, you'll feel in a better frame of mind to get back to it.